Jennifer S via Troop 104 Scouts email@example.com
Hope everyone is having a great summer. Time got away from us and this email was not sent out earlier. We need everyone to respond ASAP so that we can get the scouts signed up for Advance Camp.
Advance Camp is a Merit Badge and Rank Advancement fair. It will be on Saturday September 27 at the Solono Country Fairgrounds (in Vallejo).
– Advance Camp is a day-long opportunity to work on rank advancement and merit badges, as well as adult scoutmaster and assistant scoutmaster training. Much more detail can be found in the link below. http://www.advancecamp.com/2980
– Please do not reply all- feel free to email me directly with questions
– Registration is as a troop, not individual, so I will be collecting your registration information on the google doc. The troop will pay registration and we ask you to select your choices before Aug 27 so we can sign up at the discounted early registration rate (if you do not sign up by end of August, you can still attend, you will just have to pay the late fee).
– Please provide your/your scout’s first and second choices in order of preference for the morning and afternoon. Most often scouts can enroll in their first choices but the popular merit badges do fill up. I’ll be registering scouts once a week every week starting this Thursday August 10
– Note that many merit badges require prerequisites prior to attending advance camp- see the attached PDF for the list of prerequisites.
– There is also Trailhead for Scouts not yet First Class. We need to register for this as well so just write trailhead on sheet. Some scouts do Trailhead in am & Pm, others just do it one session and a MB the other.
The following Trailhead advancement is available:
NEW REQUIREMENTS (2017):
- Scout: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, 4a, 4b, 5
- Tenderfoot: 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4a, 4b, 4d, 5a, 5b, 5c, 7a, 8
- Second Class: 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2f, 2g, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 6a, 6b, 6c,6d,6e,8b,9a,9b
- First Class: 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4a, 4b, 5a, 6a, 6b, 6e, 7a, 7b, 7c, 9a
– There is also a booth with merit badge counselors who can help with completion of partial merit badges, if scouts bring documentation that they have completed all the required activities. The partial merit badge booth is very popular and there’s always a long line so scouts should plan for this instead of a MB class session.
Sign up Sheet (for classes)